- This event has passed.
How to Navigate Complex WI Contractor Sales & Use Tax Laws – Webinar Series
March 9 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
This extensive program is designed SPECIFICALLY FOR CONTRACTORS who are required to incorporate these law requirements into processes for managing the sales & use tax reporting. Proper compliance with the law is YOUR responsibility.
Your learning experience will include:
CLASS #1 Tuesday, March 2 | Real vs. Personal Property
• Difference between Real Property Construction Activities and Sales of Tangible Personal Property and Services
• Tax treatment when providing both Real Property Construction Activities and Sales of or Services to Personal Property
CLASS #2 Tuesday, March 9 | Contractor Purchases
• Tax requirements for General Purchases, Supplies, Motor Vehicles, Equipment • Tax treatment for materials used in providing Real Property Construction Activities vs. Sales of or service to Personal Property
CLASS #3 Tuesday, March 16 | Exemption Certificates
• 90-day rule to relieve Seller of sales tax liability
• Common exemptions and documentation required
• Contracts with Exempt Entities
CLASS #4 Tuesday, March 23 | Complex Exemptions
• Building Materials Exemption
• Construction Contract Exemption
• Temporary Storage Exemption (NEW)
CLASS #5 Tuesday, March 30 | Exam Review & Q&A
• Review exam (interactive)
• Ask your questions!