Filing and payment extensions now available for February and March WI Sales and Use Tax Returns. Upon approval, deadlines may be extended to May 11, 2020.
WI Department of Revenue may grant extensions to any person whose ability to file and pay is affected by the COVID-19 pandemic that requests relief for the following taxes and periods.
Returns and payments for the following taxes that are due from March 12 through May 11 may be extended to May 11:
- Employer withholding tax
- State and county sales and use taxes
- Excise taxes (alcohol, cigarette, tobacco and vapor products, motor fuel)
Returns and payments for the following taxes that are due from March 12 through June 10 may be extended to June 10:
- Local exposition district sales taxes (lodging, rental car, and food and beverage)
- Premier resort area sales taxes
- Limousine fee
- Rental vehicle fees
- Dry cleaning license and products fee
- Police and fire protection fee
If provided an extension, interest begins to accrue after the May 11 or June 10 extension date, depending on the tax type.
NOTE: If you previously requested a filing extension, you must make an additional request for an extension to file and pay and to have interest and penalties waived.
You can apply for these extensions and waivers through My Tax Account at https://TAP.revenue.wi.gov/COVID/ .